© 2021 Canadian Malnutrition Task Force
2021 Buzz Kit: Help Spread the Word
Canadian Malnutrition Awareness Week (CMAW) is part of a global effort to raise awareness of the importance of nutrition care to reduce incidences of malnutrition through prevention, detection and treatment. The theme for Canadian Malnutrition Awareness Week 2021 is Championing Malnutrition Care.
To help spread the message of Canadian Malnutrition Awareness Week on social media, we have provided free resources and tools, including this Buzz Kit, that will make it easy for you to help us spread the word. Thank you for your support!
Here are some examples of how you can empower other members of your team and administrators to champion malnutrition care in your setting! Download complete Buzz Kit
- Download & display infographics in your institutions. Check out the Nutrition Champion Video by Alberta Health Services at the end of this section!
- Share our accompanying resources and tools that build on the messages in the infographics.
- Send emails and/or a newsletter to your network to raise awareness and encourage use of these resources and tools. CLICK HERE for sample graphics and download the Buzz Kit for content suggestions.
- Set up a meeting with institution leaders, local influencers or other decision makers to review the need to address malnutrition (human and economic costs) and how to champion malnutrition care in your setting. See a sample presentation that can be easily adapted to your needs.
- Share the messaging around malnutrition by uploading the web banner to your organization's website and/or by sharing our social media cards using the hashtag #CMAW21. Download the Buzz Kit for sample tweets and messages.
- Add the CMAW webinar dates to your organization's calendar and website and encourage your network to register.
Nutrition Champion Video by Alberta Health Services for CMAW 2021!
Alberta Health Services (AHS) and Health Unlimited TV (HUTV) have created a Nutrition Champion Video to bring awareness to malnutrition. This 90 second video is based on the infographics created by CMTF-CNS for Canadian Malnutrition Awareness Week 2021™.
It will be shown in AHS outpatient waiting rooms from Sept 27 to Oct 8th to promote CMAW 2021’s theme Champion Malnutrition Care. For questions related to the video, contact NutritionResources@ahs.ca
Malnutrition Awareness Week™ is a mark of the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN). Used with permission from ASPEN.