What we do
The CMTF Advisory Board's mandate is to:
- Develop and implement strategies to prevent, detect and treat malnutrition
- Develop strategies that will raise awareness and create involvement of stakeholders, specifically healthcare providers, the public and the government (federal and provincial)
- Oversee the development of knowledge translation materials, including briefing documents, educational tools and training materials that help to prevent, detect and treat malnutrition
Our four-pronged approach to advancing nutrition care in Canada:
- Knowledge creation to influence best practice through research efforts
- Aggregate data on current rate and health impact of malnutrition to support knowledge creation efforts across the continuum of care
- Involve key stakeholders, influencers and decision makers to develop best practices for nutrition care of patients across health care sectors.
- Share research knowledge with key stakeholders, influencers and decision makers to effect a policy and culture change in the nutrition care of patients across care sectors.